Kidscorner

Tuesday 2 October 2007

The Journey

Photo Bert Walraven
The Journey
By Marja Blom

I went on a journey and stopped in Paris
Taking time to cherish
the splendid statues of yesterday
I stayed to learn French
and when I got lost in a dark allee
I uttered "Oe se trouve.........
and they showed me the way
to the Eiffeltower
with its enchanting lights

I went on a journey
and stopped in Madeira
An Island in full bloom
Taking time to smell the perfume
and let the colours caress my eyes
I stayed with a gardener
who taught me about the bees
who turn gold dust
in sweet gold for my mouth

I went on a journey
and stopped in Amsterdam
Taking time for the shops along the canal
When spitting turned into sun showers
I bought an umbrella with Vincent's sunflowers
It provided shelter for an old lady to her home
where she wanted me to stay
she fed me with wisdom
and fine food for the day

"I will make that journey. In a five star hotel I stay.
In 3 days I go the same way, but than better"
she said to me on the phone. She got lost in a dark allee in Paris
Stung by the bees in Madeira and soaked by the rain in Amsterdam.
Reaching your destiny takes time.

15 comments:

  1. Love the poem you do well describing the feelings. I loved the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a stunner..

    you know what wasn't that a part of journey too, getting lost, stung, getting soaked, all part of a journey , a bigger one a better one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the images in this poem. The places and events were very believable. I got lost in Paris once too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was very flavorful.. full of things i am sure to never see first hand,, but was able to relish her e for a moment with you......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree.

    Reaching your destiny takes time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a wonderful poem! I particularly like your last stanza. It's true it's so easy to get lost in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The images are so vivid - I traveled with you! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way the same paths lead to different journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delight to read. I went with you, your journey felt like the right journey for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Relived my own memories of Paris and Amsterdam and sniffed yours of Madeira ... well done

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was lovely, the eiffel caught my attention and brought me to this post, and then I couldnt stop reading until the end - and it conveys such a beautiful moral. Cherishing and savoring the little things in life leaves long last impressions than hurried globe trotting. And in doing so, one's destiny gets written so beautifully. Wow, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks you all so much I feel honoured and you gave me a big smile with all these nice words. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the poem. From the three places you mentionned there : Paris, Amsterdam and Madeira. I love Paris; it is a shame that I didn't visit Amsterdam because it so near by my hometown Belgium. I hope to visit Madeira ever; especially for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Marja! This poem is a real jewel!! It took my spirit on a wondrous journey. I love how you went from place to place, describing what you saw and who you encountered with such lovely imagery. Awesome and brilliantly well done!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!