Kidscorner

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Futuristic




Futuristic

Vaguely she heard a voice saying, “Reanimation in progress, heart function ok,  ..” Lisa slowly opened her eyes and a dark voice said to her” Hello, welcome to the year 2117. 

A man wearing a black tunic said: “You have been in a capsule for a 100 years Lisa. First you will have to go through some tests”. 

She started to remember things again. Her family had died in a car crash and a friend who was a scientist was involved in the process of cryogenically freezing human beings. She had become fascinated by it and had offered herself for the process and there she was. 

She told the man she was starving and if she could get a meal first. "Of course", he said and he came back with a cup with a brown gooey stuff bubbling out of it. “I would like a meal” she stuttered. He said “this is what we take now. We don’t have meals as such anymore.”

163 words

16 comments:

  1. Hi Marja - very clever ... and yuck - she can remember what proper food tastes like ... interesting take on the prompt ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back to sleep till they reinvent food...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's such a clever take , Marja !
    Enjoyed it much .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wat een grappig verhaaltje, knap gedaan Marja. Ik moet er niet aan denken om zoiets voorgeschoteld te krijgen, laat me dan maar weer teruggaan in mijn capsule, brrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever idea - and one I hope never comes true! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really liked this piece dear marja!
    you are so clever to handle it so amazingly .
    when i thought about future meals i think about tablets that astronauts take with them in space no delicious yummy steamy food anymore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yuck! I don't want to live in a world that there are no longer meals! Poor girl!! Your post is formatted for a phone and the writing is so tiny I can't read what I am writing and I could barely read your post. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch, Marja. If I had to wake up to such a reality, I would rather not. :0 Great take on the prompt.

    Please click to read my take

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would expect a capsule for a meal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've recently watched some documentary on TV regarding cryogenics - the freezing of human corpses.There was no mention of what happens if and when the body returns to life - food , for instance. Kudos to you, Marja, for writing on that!

      Delete
  10. Welcome to tomorrow. Well done, Marja.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yuck! I think I would ask to be re-frozen until real food comes back into style. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed this. It must be tough living on gooey stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!!